11/6/10

Camel Story

In a world (mine) filled with old Hollywood films, fashion images and photo-driven stories, I couldn't help but think of Grace Kelly when Chloe's FW 2010 camel took over this season. Runway reviews praised the luxe look, and camel coats were promptly promoted as a must-have. Since I've seen High Society countless times, I immediately thought of Kelly's turn as icy bride-to-be, Tracy Lord. While she spends the second half of the movie in stunning gowns, she wears head-to-toe camel in the first bit. I'm always so interested in the ways that editors and critics in the front row interpret runway shows. Here, I'll show you what I saw when I first saw this stand out collection.
Chloe Fall/Winter 2010

Grace Kelly in High Society (1956)
 WWD
PS. If you have any interest in seeing Grace Kelly's last Hollywood film, her enormous engagement ring from Prince Rainier or swooning for Frank Sinatra, I highly recommend this movie. 

No comments: