7/10/10

Lined with Inspiration

Since I've started working in the city, I've spent my time strolling to and from the subway station thinking about what it might be like to live downtown. I've fantasized about location, views, roommates and design. But whether it's my first place or my future home, one thing is absolutely essential. 
I take pride in my growing library and cherish the books I've picked up while traveling or as gifts. Aside from my large bookshelf, my room is constantly filled with piles of books and magazines, divided and stacked in a way that only I can completely understand. With that in mind, it should come as no surprise that I recently became a little too excited about Gwyneth Paltrow's upcoming Vogue cover. Yes, she's been featured several times and yes, she's been horribly photoshopped in the past. But the reason I'm looking forward to it? This picture. 
Images from now defunct design mag Domino, and Vogue

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I am exactly the same Erica. Piles of books and magazines line the floor, desk, everywhere in my loft really.. Plus boxes are still at my parents from years ago which I refuse to give up. It's one of the reasons I'm so excited to design a library in my new town home. This will definitely be a September post on our blog when completed and I think you'll love it :)

Lyne said...

This is the first time that I can remember seeing posts having to do with home decor. Either way, I highly recommend you check out Desire to Inspire - it's a website by two women (one from Australia, the other from Canada), they do a fantastic job at presenting home decor in a fresh and precise manner.

http://www.desiretoinspire.net/

Hopefully you'll enjoy it!

Erica said...

Hi Lyne,

This is my first-ever post having to do with decor, simply bc I'm obsessed with maintaining my book shelf. Thanks for the link, I'll be sure to check it out!

Erica