5/11/10

Three Scenes

I was recently told that I should have own television show. It wasn't the first time, though I cannot figure out why someone would want to peer inside the life of an upbeat, suburbanite like me. As vain as it may sound, I spend too much time at home in mismatched sweats to be an interesting reality tv personality. But then there are days when things seem to pick up. I spent the past few weeks polishing my resume, studying back issues and rehearsing answers to job interview questions. Yes, I was in pursuit of an editorial assistant position again. This time my job search led me back to the home of my previous internships. Three interviews, three editors, one position. If you saw it on tv, the highlights may have been a little something like this...

The One With HR
High: Feeling completely at ease with young, chatty HR rep.
Low: Preparing portfolio and then learning that it was completely unnecessary.

The One With the Senior Editors
High: Being told I'd fit in perfectly.
Low: Having to dodge sprinklers on my way into the building.

The One With the EiC
High: Meeting with the EiC!
Low: Completely fumbling a question about the magazine's readership. Trying to treat myself to a cookie afterwards, and not having enough change with me.

By the way, it was a bff's mom who said I should be on tv. So there certainly aren't cameras in my future.

No comments: