4/7/10

Love/Leave May 2010


ELLE Canada's May 2010 cover girl is supermodel spawn Elettra Wiedemann. Isabella Rossellini's daughter is casually styled on this cover. Though I like the fresh look of the blazer, I wish there was an aspirational element to the outfit. I mean, the accompanying cover line says she's on top. Clothing aside, I'd love to read what she's up to. Wiedemann's mane is a warm, auburn tone. Luckily that means my eye is immediately drawn to her face. Orange and pink cover lines would pop, if there weren't so many of them. The majority of the cover lines appear like small paragraphs. However I'm intrigued by stories about buzz-worthy it girls like Dree Hemingway, and Heather Marks' beautiful life.

FASHION's back with its Age Issue this month. One thing's for sure, and that's Cindy Crawford's beauty defies the clock. Last year, I couldn't tear myself away from the personal essays in the Age Issue. Though 'style at every age' has been recycled over and over on covers, the "LOVE YOUR STYLE" section is one I won't skip over. I've said it before, I'm very into personal style stories. Tell me it's just right for me, and I'm hooked. Though there are quite a few stories advertised on this cover, I like the way that the groupings frame Crawford. It doesn't appear cluttered because the beauty special, style story and Crawford profile are the only things that really jump out. I prefer this cover this month because it doesn't look quite so overwhelming. According to the video preview online, David Livingstone's written the McQueen tribute, making it a must-read for me. 

So, love it or leave it? What are you planning to pick up this month? As always, share below!

1 comment:

ddistefano said...

Just got my FASHION in the mail and I agree it looks better than the ELLE. I started reading the abundance of personal essays and I love them all-especially because they are by Canadian women. xx