6/10/09

Cover to Cover

Image courtesy of NYMag.com's The Cut

So has Harper's Bazaar tried to divide it's readership? It sure looks that way based on their upcoming covers. Angelina Jolie is the face of the issue that will hit newsstands, though there was no cover shoot (it's an older image from a red carpet event) and no interview. Since January I've fallen in love with Bazaar's covers. Scarlett, Sarah Jessica, Halle, oh my. But this one has me quite confused. The noted fashion mag is suddenly dressing up like a tabloid, and the blogs are buzzing as a result. Subscribers, fear not, you're getting nothing but fashion on your cover. Doutzen Kroes is keeping it glossy. Time and time again celebrities are displacing models on the covers of the world's top fashion magazines. Whether it's a sign of the times or an effort to nab sales at the stands, if I wanted to hear more about Angelina Jolie, I'd pick up US Weekly.

No comments: